Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gearing Up for the Sweet & Twisted Tri!


It's Tuesday night.
Four days away from my birthday.

Five days from the Sweet & Twisted Triathlon.

Sunday's race a nice sprint distance: 500 meter swim. (300 m run to T1) 15 mile bike. 5k run.
The water levels are low so they've snuck a little extra run in there- but that may be to my advantage. It could get my legs a little more warmed up for the bike. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

I have a goal in mind. I want to break my 5k PR (personal record) with this race. Not my tri 5k- but my overall 5k. Today my PR is just under 39 minutes. I think I can do it.


Tonight's swim was really solid. We swam 5 100m's that I kept a near perfect 2:30 with :15 seconds rest in between each. We then pulled for 200 m as recovery and swam 5 more 100m that I, again, kept steady. With these times, I think I can do the 500m swim in 12-14 minutes (I mean it is open water, people).


Goals for the week:

1. Stay hydrated

2. Eat well- really well.

3. Train easy

4. Kick ass on race day

No comments: